The Australian Research Council (ARC) offers Australian Laureate Fellowships Scheme to outstanding researchers of international repute.
The Australian Research Council (ARC) is a Commonwealth entity within the Australian Government. The ARC advises the Government on research matters and administers the National Competitive Grants Program, a significant component of Australia’s investment in research and development.
Fellowships are available to pursue research. Two named Australian Laureate Fellowships may be awarded to successful female Australian Laureate Fellows for funding commencing in 2018. A Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellowship will be available to a highly ranked female candidate from the humanities, arts and social science disciplines, and a Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellowship will be available to a highly ranked female candidate from the science and technology disciplines.
Worth of Award
- Up to 17 five-year Australian Laureate Fellowships may be awarded each year, providing a salary supplement, in addition to a Level E professorial salary provided by the Administering Organisation; funding for up to two Postdoctoral Research Associates (five years) and two Postgraduate Researchers (four years); and up to $300,000 per annum project funding.
- Up to 17 five-year Australian Laureate Fellowships may be awarded each year.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the fellowship:
- Australian Laureate Fellowships include fellowships allocated to exceptional female researchers who will also undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research and to mentor early career researchers, particularly women, to encourage them to enter and establish a career in research in Australia.
- Preference will be given to researchers who will play a significant, sustained leadership and mentoring role in building Australia’s internationally competitive research capacity.
- International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is November 9, 2017.