NTU says: ‘Nanyang Technological University is a young, vibrant and progressive university having just celebrated our 26th year in existence. In spite of its young age, NTU is a fast-rising university that has already established itself as a world-class university with a global reputation that attracts world-acclaimed professors, researchers and scholars both locally and internationally. NTU recently was ranked by QS in London as the No. 11 best university in the world, the highest ranking any Asian university has ever reached.’
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme in any research specialism.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships fund full tuition fees, a living allowance of 2000 Singapore dollars per month and a resettlement & airfare grant of 2500 Singapore dollars.
- Four Ph.D. scholarships are available, in any research specialism offered by NTU
- Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents;
- Have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/ Honours (Distinction) or equivalent;
- At the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission to a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme by research; and
- Should not be in paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award.
- Nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the online NTU graduate research programme application and indicate on the form that they also wish to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship.
Deadline: Applications are open now and close on January 31, 2018. The scholarship start date will be August 2018.