AUN/SEED-Net offers scholarships for Master’s Degree Program and Doctoral Degree Sandwich Program for 2018 at Member Institutions in ASEAN countries.
Scholarships are available for available for pursuing Master’s Degree Program and Doctoral Degree Sandwich Program in the following engineering fields and are endorsed by 26 member universities: Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Chemical Engineering (ChE), Energy Engineering (EneE), Natural Disaster (ND), Civil Engineering (CE), Geological and Geo-Resource Engineering (GeoE), Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (MEManuE), Environmental Engineering (EnvE), Materials Engineering (MatE) and Computer and Information Engineering (CIE)
The aim of the scholarship is to increase the number of highly qualified faculty staff with master’s degree in engineering at Member Institutions which would be necessary to contribute to sustainable development of ASEAN countries.
AUN/SEED-Net has been established to promote human resource development in engineering for the sustainable socio-economic development of the ASEAN region.
Worth of Award
- Tuition fee
- Living allowance
- Health insurance
- Relocation fee
- Round-trip air ticket
- There may be extra support(s) from Host and Sending Institution.
- Scholarship can be taken in ASEAN Countries
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be young faculty staff of Sending Institutions or graduating students/graduates who are strongly motivated to pursue a professional career as faculty staff at Sending Institutions.
- Applicants must be endorsed to apply by Sending Institutions in their home country, which expects them to be faculty staff after graduation.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field, or to complete the bachelor’s degree before starting this degree program.
- Applicants should meet at least one of the following requirements. The supporting documents should be provided. Class rank of Bachelor’s Degree must be within top 15 % in their final or most recent year.
The Certified Letter on Academic Standing (Attachment 3) is required; Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at least 3.0 in the 4-scale grading system or 7.5 in the 10-scale grading system in Bachelor’s degree; Outstanding academic achievements with supporting evidence (e.g. awards, publication, etc.
AUN/SEED-Net Master’s Degree Program 2018; p. 4/6
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 at the time of application.
- Applicants must be in good health conditions.
- The scholarships are for Japanese Fiscal Year (JFY) 2018 intake students (1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019). The scholarships cannot be granted to the applicants who have already started their study before the announcement of JFY 2018 scholarship award and have already been awarded and salaried by other scholarships.
- Applicants must apply for the course provided by Host Institution in the other country (domestic applicant is not permitted in Project Phase 4)
- Citizens of ASEAN countries are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- To apply for AUN/SEED-Net Scholarships, applicants must be endorsed by Sending Institutions in their home country.
- Please note that applications without an endorsement letter will not be accepted. After being endorsed by Sending Institution(s), applicants are required to submit two types of applications;
- AUN/SEED-Net Application Form
- Host Institution’s Application Form
Deadline: The application deadline is October 31, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply