The College of Medicine (CoM), University of Malawi offers M-HIRST Masters Degree Fellowships to students from Malawi.
Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme in the area of HIV implementation science research. Successful applicants will be required to take the following courses offered in the CoM Research Support Centre, the MPH/MSc programme or University of North Carolina Research Project (in Lilongwe), as part of the Masters program: Introduction to Implementation Research, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics, Grants Writing, Manuscript Writing, Clinical Research Design, Social Sciences for Public Health and HIV & AIDS.
The College of Medicine (CoM) was established in 1991 as a constituent college within the University of Malawi (UNIMA). It is the only medical school in Malawi. The CoM has gradually grown from a program with an intake of 10-15 students per year and a handful of Malawian faculty, to a program with a medical student intake of on average 60 per year with 110 faculty members, of whom approximately 67% are Malawians.
Worth of Award
- Applicants who propose HIV implementation science projects as the basis for the MPH/MSc degree program will be considered for tuition support based on the merit of the proposal, research aptitude of the applicant and potential of the applicant to progress with doctoral (Ph.D.) studies in HIV implementation science.
- Scholarship can be taken in Malawi
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Bachelors degree from any recognized university, in any area relevant to the health sector relevant subject or;
- Already admitted to an accredited CoM Masters degree program
- Students from Malawi are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should applications along with their updated curriculum vitae and photocopies of their Bachelor’s degree academic transcripts to the CoM RSC Training Coordinator rsctrainingcoordination-at-medcol.mw.
Deadline: The deadline for receiving applications will be on Friday, September 30, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply