The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology offers PROBIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program worth the funding of 61 fellowships of 3 years duration, distributed in 4 calls until the end of 2018.
The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) is a scientific initiative of seven of Catalonia’s research centres of excellence whose objective is to increase their levels of collaboration in order to build together a joint scientific project.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Fellowships are available for pursuing the postdoctoral programme. Fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain).
Worth of Award
The fellowships are granted for 3 years including:
- An annual gross salary of 36.252,82€ plus a single payment of 1504,89€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply),
- Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious Senior Researchers,
- A personalized career development plan,
- A training program for scientific and transferable skills.
- The program will fund 61 fellowships of 3 years duration, distributed in 4 calls until the end of 2018.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- Presenting complete applications including all requested compulsory information and documentation.
- Having not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline. You will be required to confirm your compliance through a self-declaration.
- Be in possession of a PhD degree at the time of the call deadline. Please provide evidence when you apply (e.g. scanned PhD-degree or documents that proof having read a successful PhD at the moment of the call deadline).
- Having not been awarded their PhD degree more than 5 years ago, at the time of the call deadline. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave or serious illness. Other equivalent exceptions may be considered when properly documented and motivated by the applicant, e.g, in case of candidates from underdeveloped countries, minorities, and for applicants that pursued their studies under comparatively unfavourable conditions. Please provide evidence when you apply (for instance uploading additional documentation).
- Being the first author in at least one publication in an internationally reputed journal at the time of the call deadline. Only accepted and published in print or online papers are eligible.
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications need to be presented through the BIST online submission platform. By the deadline, the following documentation and information need to be presented to be eligible:
- Application form on personal data (online form to be filled in): Basic personal data and contact information
- Application form on background (online form to be filled in)
- Specific background information on PhD title, previous works, results, awards, etc.
- Upload of the PhD certificate or substituting document issued by the corresponding University
- Indication of the preferred research topics (one or several)
- Indication of reference persons who endorse your candidature
- Additional information relevant to the application and the eligibility, if applicable
- Letter of motivation (document upload): The cover letter addresses research interests and motivation for the application, as well as the applicant’s background and suitability for the fellowship.
- Curriculum Vitae (document upload): Applicants should indicate their scientific and professional trajectory and include information on publications, awards or other scientific merits. Candidates with career breaks or variations in the chronological sequence of their career steps are welcome to apply.
Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply