The MasterCard Foundation in partnership with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture is inviting MCF –at- RUFORUM Scholarship applications for Ugandan and Kenyan students for the 2017/18 academic year. The scholarship is available for bachelor and master programme.
The MasterCard Foundation delivers its charity and development agenda guided by the aspiration of advancing education and financial inclusion to catalyze prosperity in developing countries.
Scholarship is available to pursue bachelor and master programme in the following fields:
- Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication Management
- Science in Food and Agribusiness
- Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
- Science in Agri-Enterprises Development
Worth of Award
The scholarship will cover the followings:
- This is a full-board comprehensive scholarship that covers: tuition fees, one return air ticket for African students from outside Uganda and Kenya, research costs, workshop and conference costs, living expenses including stipend and accommodation fees, laptop, internship attachment, community engagement and field attachment, and entrepreneurship training.
- Consequently, considering the level of investment, successful applicants will be required to become high achievers, highly engaged and focused students/graduates and change makers in their communities and Africa in general.
- Scholarship can be taken in Kenya or Uganda
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a national of Kenya or Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota respectively.
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota.
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
- Be less than 25 years for undergraduate and less than 30 years for masters studies at the time of application.
- Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a Bachelors degree application not more than two years from the time of this call.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programmes in the University of Choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
- For admission into Gulu University for an undergraduate degree programme, one must have attained the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)-High School Certificate (HSC) or its equivalent with two principal passes. For admission into Egerton University, one must have completed the Kenya Secondary Education Certificate (KSCE) or its equivalent with the at least C+ pass.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Have the commitment to working in agriculture and agricultural value chains.
- Have a strong commitment to community transformation.
- Applicants of Kenya or Uganda can apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email.
- Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to the university of choice. Applications (PDF) by email attachment should not be more than 1 MB for the two file attachment (university admission and scholarship application).
- Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice. Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice. Application forms can also be downloaded from the respective websites: RUFORUM, Gulu University and Egerton University
- Email: Mastercard Fdn-at-RUFORUM
Deadline: The application deadline is March 16, 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply