The Nomura Foundation offers Foreign Student Scholarships at Japanese universities for graduate degrees in the humanities or social sciences at six universities only, namely Tokyo, Hitotsubashi, Kyoto, Osaka, Waseda and Keio.
Nomura Foundation for Social Science, The Nomura Cultural Foundation, and Tokyo Club Foundation for Global Studies were separately established by Nomura Group to promote social science, to support the arts and culture and to foster international talent in the next generation.
Scholarships are available for pursuing the graduate degree programme at six universities only, namely Tokyo, Hitotsubashi, Kyoto, Osaka, Waseda and Keio in the field of humanities or social sciences.
Worth of Award
- ¥ 200,000 per month
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
- Those who can apply for a scholarship are those who are enrolled or planning to enter the graduate school of the following designated universities in Japan as of April 1, 2018, among foreign students who intend to study social science or humanities, in Japanese We will make it possible for communication to be smooth, and that students are recognized as requiring economic assistance in their daily life and have excellent academic achievements.
- However, those who receive scholarship benefits exceeding ¥ 50,000 per month (¥ 600,000 per year) from government-sponsored international students and other organizations are excluded.
- As a rule of age as of April 1, 2018, and age 35 years old.
- Those who have a status of residence of “permanent residence” are not eligible.
- Foreign students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent by post. Required documents
- Application form
Please download the prescribed form from the screen of “Application for acceptance application”.
- Passing notice or enrollment certificate
Deadline: The application deadline is September 29, 2017.