Aberystwyth University in Mauritius invites applications for 50% undergraduate Academic Excellence Scholarships for Mauritian applicants.
Aberystwyth University is the best British University in Mauritius and 4th in the UK for Student Satisfaction (NSS, 2016). Aberystwyth University is committed to ensuring a seamless student experience across both of its locations in the world.
These scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate degree in the following fields:
- Management and Business
- Computer Science
- Law and Criminology
Worth of Award
- These scholarships cover 50% of the tuition fees.
- Three scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Mauritius
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Academic Excellence Scholarships are designed to recognize and reward high levels of academic achievement before entering university for full-time undergraduate study in subject areas determined by the University.
- Awards will be made on the basis of both academic achievement and the student’s statement.
- The Academic Excellence Scholarships are open, subject to the conditions set out in the sections below, to all applicants who are normally resident in Mauritius who will have attained the age of 17 by the 1st of March for the March intake and 1st of October for the October intake in the year of proposed entry to the University and who have not hitherto been students at a Higher Education Institution (including Aberystwyth) for a period of one academic year or more.
- The minimum academic standards required to be eligible for consideration for the Scholarships are 3 x A from the best full three A-levels, or 36 points in the International Baccalaureate, or equivalent qualifications. Any specific A-level (or equivalent) prerequisites, as required for the degree scheme proposed, must be included at the specified level in the three best A-levels.
- To be considered for the Academic Excellence Scholarships applicants must have:
- Accepted their offer to study at Aberystwyth University, Mauritius, by the scholarship application closing date
- Paid their deposit by the scholarship application closing date
- Submitted, by the scholarship application closing date, a written statement explaining why they feel they are a worthy recipient of an Academic Excellence Scholarship
- There are no specific application forms to complete to be considered for the Scholarships. Successful applicants will be informed of the University’s decision before the start of the academic session and the commencement of the study. However, applicants are requested to express their interest in being considered for the award, by emailing mauritius.campus-at-aber.ac.uk. All emails must be titled ‘Application for AUM Academic Excellence Scholarship’ and be marked as ‘high priority’.
- In order to continue to receive the Academic Excellence Scholarship in subsequent years of the course, candidates must achieve an average of 60% in their first and second years.
- Aberystwyth University will terminate the Academic Excellence Scholarship if the holder has not made satisfactory progress as shown by the assessments and examinations of the University.
- The Academic Excellence Scholarship shall cease at the end of the normal duration of the scheme of study.
- The Academic Excellence Scholarship will cease if the holder changes to another scheme of study, which does not qualify for the award (as advertised at the time of the student’s application).
- The Academic Excellence Scholarship cannot be held concurrently with any other scholarship or bursary.
- Successful applicants will be required to act as Ambassadors for the University during the duration of their course. A full description of the role will be given at the time of the award.
- Mauritian applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
How to apply
Applicants can apply via email or post.
- Completed application form
- Copies of academic certificates
- Proof of identification: National Identity Card or passport
- Proof of English proficiency
- Personal statement
- Email: mauritius.campus-at-aber.ac.uk
Deadline: The application deadline is September 8, 2017.