The South African Medical Association offers Research Masters Supplementary Scholarship for postgraduate research.
The South African Medical Association (SAMA) is a trade union for doctors in South Africa. It is affiliated with the Congress of South African Trade Union
Scholarship is available to pursue postgraduate research in the field of medicine.
Worth of Award
- The successful applicant will receive an award of R50 000 disbursed over two years.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The main selection criteria are the academic quality of the research proposal and the suitability of the project for the SA environment.
- South African applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via post:
- Completed application form with a passport-size photograph attached.
- Typed copy of curriculum-vitae (max of 2 pages).
- The title of the project and short abstract of the research project (500 words) detailing the background, aims and objectives, research question and methods.
- Proof of registration with an academic institution.
- References from the supervisor of the applicant. The referee’s title and academic status should be clearly indicated in this (with official rubber-stamp). These should be confidential (in sealed envelopes) and should be recent-dated.
Deadline: Applications will only be received between August 1 and September 30 each year.
Click here for more details and to apply