Worth of Award
- The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance.
- Scholarship can be taken in: South Africa
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- It is worth noting that certain fields of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- BSc Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc): University of Pretoria
- BSc Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
- BSc Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- BSc Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
- National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
3. Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.daff.gov.za (Click the following: Food Security and Agrarian Reform Branch then Sector Education and Training and then Careers).
4. Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
5. Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department by 15 January 2018, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
- South African citizens are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent by post.
Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.
2018 Undergraduate Application Form
2018 Postgraduate Application Form