The James P. Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University in Dhaka offers WHO/TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship for Masters of Public Health for the 2021-22 academic year.
The scholarship is supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, hosted by the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland. Candidates and residents in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific Regions are eligible to apply.
The training will focus on courses relevant to a career in implementation research, which is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to addressing them. It is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries (LMICs) where many health interventions do not reach those who could be benefitted from them. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the number and quality of researchers in LMICs.
Worth of Award
TDR scholarship covers:
- One return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Bangladesh;
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Access to laptop for the duration of MPH Programme;
- Support for Summative Learning Project (SLP )
- Scholarship can be taken in Bangladesh
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Nationals/Residents from low- and middle-income countries (data.worldbank.org/ab out/country -and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicant should normally be under 35 years of age
- Applicant must meet the following BRAC University requirements
- Applicant must submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from supervisor
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines
- Excellent academic track records with GPA 3 .0 or above
- Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, and data analysis skill
Nationality: Students from Lower and Middle-income countries ( Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
Students should submit their online applications for MPH Programme at JPGSPH
You are required to have scanned copies of the following documents in hand prior to start application process:
- Academic Certificate & transcript ( To be attested) Passport size photograph
- International Applicants need to attest the documents by respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ concerned ministry
- Bangladeshi students need to attest the documents by the GoB authorized persons
- Application fee payslip ( For Bangladeshi Students: Taka 1500 at BRAC BANK Branches)
- Reference Letter
- National ID card ( For Bangladeshi Students)
- Passport ( For International Students)
- Updated CV
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is September 15, 2020.