Scholarship is available for pursuing MSc programme in the field of Palliative Care.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship will fund the course tuition fees, travel, accommodation and living expenses.
- There is one MSc scholarship available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
To apply for the scholarship student must fulfil all the following criteria:
- Students must have a first degree in medicine, nursing, allied health professions, life sciences, social sciences or other related subject awarded by a United Kingdom university or a recognised overseas university.
- Students must be currently working in palliative care or palliative medicine in Africa – in clinical or social care, in practice or research.
- Students must be able to achieve the English Language test standards required by King’s College London. This is currently assessed using IELTS scores, and a satisfactory score is 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in all four skills.
- Students must be a citizen of an African country and currently resident in Africa.
- There is no known reason why students should not be eligible for a UK student Visa. Students who have previously attended for the PG Certificate or PG Diploma are also eligible to apply for funding to complete the MSc.
- Citizens of Africa are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
MSc candidates must also apply online. Please send us the following:
- CV (maximum 6 pages)
- A letter of support from your current employer.
- Personal statement (maximum 800 words) in support of your application, explaining your reasons for applying, what you hope to gain from the programme of study, your personal plans to improve the status of palliative care in Africa if you are successful in securing a scholarship, and your ability to complete the programme of study.
- 2 references