The University of Newcastle offers scholarships to students for its Research Masters Scholarship for both domestic and international Students. The scholarships are available for pursuing Research Masters project investigating novel injectable polymer for cardiac regeneration under the supervision of Professor Andrew Boyle and Dr Lucy Murtha.
The aim of the scholarship is to integrate ECM peptides within a biopolymer to provide structural support and a favourable microenvironment for injected stem cells, leading to increased cell retention and survival, restoration of heart function, and ultimately, myocardial regeneration.
The University of Newcastle (UoN), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales. The university also operates campuses in Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Singapore, Newcastle CBD and Sydney CBD.
The scholarship is available to pursue research programme in research masters project investigating novel injectable polymer for cardiac regeneration .
Worth of Award
- A scholarship is available at the Research Training Program stipend rate, which provides a full-time living allowance of $26,682 per annum (2017 rate, tax-free, indexed annually), for a period of up to 3.5 years (equivalent full-time student load).
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must have a degree in health, biomedical or biotechnology sciences (or equivalent) from a reputable Higher Education Organisation.
- English proficiency essential.
- The successful candidates will be expected to commence studies in January 2018. Mid-year applicants will also be considered.
This opportunity is open to domestic and international candidates.
- International and domestic applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email:
- Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest, including scanned evidence of their academic transcript, CV.
- These documents should be emailed to stacey.wilks-at-newcastle.edu.au.
Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply