The David Oyedepo Foundation invites applications for the Special scholarship program for Refugees. The scholarship is for David Oyedepo Foundation Degree and Undergraduate Degree Study in Nigeria at Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals, affected by various national crises, who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. This award would serve to avail individuals from such troubled nations the opportunity to have access to quality education in Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
Scholarship is available in Field(s) of study: Scholarship is course specific as indicated on application portal. Open to registered and fully resident refugees in African Refugee camps.
Worth of Award
- Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
- 2 round trip tickets throughout duration of study
- Monthly upkeep allowance
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
- The David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is open to Young Refugees who:
- Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation affected by Internal crises.
- Are not Nigerian citizens
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in oral and written English
- Have a record of acceptable performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- 70% recorded average or 3.5GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- In good health. Not already enrolled in undergraduate degree programs.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholars must meet set DOF criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed at the commencement of each new session.
- Maintain 3.0 CGPA at the end of each session.
- Volunteer for 6 weeks in an organization committed to social impact during the long summer holiday.
- Carry out a community development project each year which can occur at any time during the year but must be in the scholar’s local community.
- Maintain a high standard of character in line with the University’s requirement throughout duration of study within and outside the school premises.
How to Apply
- Applicants should visit the foundation’s website
- Read the application instructions and complete the online applications.
- Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission to Covenant or Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received. Note: The Foundation does not secure admission to Covenant or Landmark University. All admission to each University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process.
- All inquiry for admission can be directed to the University through their websites www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng and www.landmarkuniversity.edu.ng Scholarship Award is CONDITIONAL on University admission. All VISA processing would be handled by the applicant and ticket details would only be sent across after proof of Secured Student VISA has been sent to the Foundation after award has been granted.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of satisfactory scholastic ability
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence home country/country of refuge with skills learned and capacities developed.
- Email submissions will be disregarded.
- For further enquiry send an email to [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award for Refugees is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Sunday, 30th July, 2017. Applications must be submitted online at .
All further scholarship related enquiries can be sent to [email protected] while portal related issues can be sent to [email protected]
Click here for more details and to apply online