Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree programme in all the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
- King’s College Entrance Scholarship – valued at $2,000.
- King’s College and UQ Rugby Academy Scholarships – Two each valued at $4,000.
- King’s College Sporting Scholarship- The recipient of this scholarship receives a discount of up to half the academic year’s standard room accommodation at King’s.
- UQ Cultural Scholarship at King’s College- The recipient of this scholarship receives a discount of up to half of the academic year’s standard room accommodation at King’s.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to five scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Accepted to King’s College as a new resident (must apply via www.kings.uq.edu.au), as per the College’s normal application process.
- Demonstrated willingness to be involved in The Inter-College Competition (ICC).
- Evidence of having competed at a representative level.
- Proven leadership skills.
- To be able to, under normal circumstances, compete for King’s College in ICC competitions and represent the University at Club and University Games level.
- To maintain a GPA of 4 or above while studying at The University of Queensland.
- These scholarships are offered only at the discretion of the King’s College Master, whose decision is final. All scholarships are offered as discounts off normal accommodation fees.
- In order to receive any of these scholarships, the student must be accepted as a member of King’s College and as such must successfully complete the application process.
- Scholarships are available to Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizen’s International students.
How to Apply
- Applicants for all scholarships are required to outline in 500 words or less why they qualify to receive a particular scholarship.
- Please submit all applications via email.
Deadline: The scholarship application deadline is December 1, 2017.