- All students admitted to the ASEP Doctoral Program receive a University scholarship of € 16,238.47 per year, gross of social security contributions.
- The amount of the scholarship is increased by 50% for any period of study or research abroad of at least 30 consecutive days, for a maximum of 18 months.
- Also, during the second and third years of the program, students may apply for a University research allowance equal to 10% of the amount of the scholarship per year.
- In addition to University funding, students can access special purpose grants provided by the Department of Sociology and Social Research.
- Specifically, students may apply for a yearly allowance of up to € 1,200 to cover travel expenses and conference fees, and a one-time allowance of up to € 2,000 to cover expenses related to summer school participation.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The ASEP Doctoral Program welcomes applications for admission from highly motivated candidates with a solid social science background and a strong interest in empirical research. Candidates should hold an Italian Laurea Magistrale or any equivalent foreign degree. Candidates who expect to obtain the required degree by October 31, 2017 are also eligible to apply for admission; accepted candidates who fail to meet this requirement, however, will lose their right to admission. Candidates are expected to be fluent in spoken and written English, which is the official language of the ASEP Doctoral Program.
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.
How to Apply
To submit the application, candidates must follow these steps:
- Registration with the University website (here): This allows candidates to receive a username and a password; those who already have the access credentials for the private area of Segreterie Studenti can skip this step.
- Filling out the application: By using their personal credentials (username and password), candidates must login to the Online Student Registry – Segreterie Studenti (here), select “Admissions”, and follow the instructions.
- Reference letters: During the application process, candidates are required to provide the e-mail address and telephone number of two reference teachers/experts. The reference teachers/experts will then receive an e-mail notification containing instructions on how to upload their reference letter, strictly by July 4, 2017. Candidates, in turn, will be notified when the reference letters have been uploaded.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is July 3, 2017, 12:00 pm (midday) Italian time.