- A stipend of $26,682 per annum tax exempt (2017 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (2017) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- 12 weeks paid sick leave
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applicants must meet Deakin’s research degree entry requirements, be enrolling full-time and hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component in a related field.
- Applicants who have commenced their research degree must have at least 2/3 of their equivalent candidature remaining.
- Applicants applying for Research Masters or Research Doctorate must not hold an equivalent research qualification.
The primary criterion is a high standard of Honours (a year of assessed research following an undergraduate course) or its equivalent. Equivalence could include:
- Research Master’s degree with at least 2/3 of the degree comprising a thesis graded at 80%+
- Coursework Master’s degrees or graduate diplomas that include a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words, to 80%+ standard, and research methodology units
- Comparable qualifications from international universities including a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words and a GPA with an 80%+ standard
- Relevant postgraduate research experience
- Independently refereed journal articles, publications, or conference papers
- Professional reporting or prior learning
- Research related awards or prizes
- Other evidence of research ability.
- Scholarships are available to domestic and international students.
How to Apply
- Students need to apply via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form.
- They will be required to attach a number of certified supporting documents, in addition to your research proposal and referee reports.
- The process for scholarship applications is different for each faculty/institute.
- Some faculties/institutes require an Expression of Interest form to be submitted prior to submitting a full application via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form.
Deadline: The opening/closing dates for scholarship applications are different for each faculty/institute. The dates may vary depending on whether students are applying as a domestic or international applicant.
- Faculty of Arts and Education: October 31, 2017
- Faculty of Business and Law: September 30, 2017
- Faculty of Health: October 31, 2017 (Domestic Applicants) and July 31, 2017 (International Applicants)
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment: October 31, 2017
- Institute for Frontier Materials: October 31, 2017