The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith. Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) is a non-profit organisation established in 1996 by the Hungarian Government, with the task of managing international cooperation programmes and special projects in the field of education, training, and EU-related issues. Scholarships are available for bachelor, master and one-tier master programmes to study the subjects offered by the university.
These scholarships will cover the followings:
Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) is offering Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People to study in Hungary in 2020.
Worth of Award
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend: bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 128,520 (cca. EUR 400) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies. Doctoral level: the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 570) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation: dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month (cca. EUR 125) to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs: HUF 200 000 /year (cca. EUR 640)
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Only those applications can be awarded scholarship, which also possesses the recommendation from the local Church along with the approval of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme. The scholarship holders commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends they return to their home countries if the local security and political conditions allow it so.
- Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts in Hungary. An individual may win the scholarship only one time at a study level.
- Citizens of following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and Nigeria are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
All of the following documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online application surface by all applicants
- Online application form
- Motivation Letter
- Approved recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport
- Statement for Application
Deadline: The application deadline is until January 31, 2020 (23:59 Budapest time).