Worth of Award
- Newly admitted students may apply for the Chancellor’s Scholars Award which ranges from 75 percent to 100 percent of the tuition, lab and housing fees.
- Scholarship can be taken in UAE
- Eligibility: Students should meet the following requirements:
- Submit an essay detailing extracurricular activities, talents, social activities, and anticipated contribution to AUS
- Outstanding personal qualities and leadership abilities in school and the community
- Scientific or literary contributions to the community
- Special school or community honours or awards
- Community service and school extracurricular activities
- A minimum average of 95 percent or equivalent in the last three years of secondary education
- Have limited financial resources
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can be sent by post or via fax. Required Documents for Complete Applications are:
- The copy of high school transcripts (grades 10, 11, and 12).
- A letter of recommendation for this scholarship from your school
- An essay that you have written about your aspirations and goals in life.
- Copies of certificates showing leadership in school and/or community and two reference letters.
- Original detailed and dated salary certificate signed by the authorised person and issued by the employer for both parents, and a copy of the labour contract duly stamped for both parents (International students must submit a copy of the employment contract for both parents). The salary certificate should clearly state the gross salary including all allowances and/or benefits such as education, housing, transportation, allowance for children education, bonus, etc. For self-employed persons: Audited profit and loss/financial statement for the last two to three years, a detailed original salary certificate and Statement of Shareholders current account, all issued by chartered auditors approved by AUS, must be provided. Salary certificates and audited profit and loss/financial statements must be provided in English. Translated documents must bear a professionally certified translator’s stamp and/or signature on every page and must be accompanied by the translated document in the original language. Compiled profit and loss/financial statements will not be accepted.
- The copy of parent(s) bank statement for the last one year where the salary is transferred regularly as per UAE Labor regulation for the year 2010 [Wages Protection System].
- Certificates verifying Education Tuition Fees for all family members [as mentioned in (4)].
- A copy of the rental contract for accommodation [as in (5)].
- Documents regarding loans [as in (5)] and special family circumstances [as in (6)].
- Passport copy (including visa page) of applicant and applicant’s parents.
- Any other information you consider relevant to your application.
Deadline: The application deadline for Fall Semester 2017 is August 2, 2017.