- An MTN Scholarship is awarded for one or maximum of two years and covers the full cost of tuition and registration fees at UCT GSB, as set by the business school.
- The Scholars can also apply for several types of funding on a discretionary basis, For example an economy-class travel allowance for Scholars traveling from their home country to the business school at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme, a stipend, or to attend additional conferences or workshops, or conduct fieldwork and pilots.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
To be considered for an MTN Scholarship:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country and a Permanent Resident for at least 1 year.
- Applicants should apply to pursue either the MBA or the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme at the UCT GSB. Applicants will only be able to take up the MTN Scholarship if successfully admitted to the UCT GSB programme.
- Financial Need Criteria
Financial Need must be illustrated as follows:
- Full declaration of all details required must be recorded in the space provided on the Affidavit for the MTN Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town
- Details of all property and assets of any nature must be declared on the Affidavit provided.
- UCT reserves the right to request that applicants furnish evidence of answers/statements on the application form. If it is found that the provided information is false or untrue, the University further reserves the right to disqualify an application and/or to cancel and recover any scholarship funds that may have been paid out to an awardee.
- Students from African Countries (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
It is not possible to apply for an MTN Scholarship without applying to the business school.
- Applicants must first be eligible and apply for the academic programme at the UCT GSB (via the Admissions Office). For full details about the MBA programme or MPhil Inclusive Innovation programme, criteria and how to apply to the business school click here.
- Applicants must submit the MTN Scholarship Application online form together with their UCT application number received from the UCT GSB Admissions Office. Required supporting documents include a CV and completed Affidavit.
- Applicants are then notified if they are selected for an interview.
- The final decision and award of the MTN Scholarship will be made by a Scholarship Selection panel, following which applicants will be informed by mid-December 2015. Applicants will only be able to take up the MTN Scholarship if successfully admitted to the UCT GSB programme.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they submit all documents required so they can be considered for both admission and an MTN Scholarship.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 31, 2017.
Click to Obtain Online Application Form
Click here for more details and to apply