The Benetton Foundation work begins in 1987 when Luciano Benetton gathers around him a group of intellectuals to give rise to a cultural institution. From the beginning, the Foundation is entrusted to the architect Domenico Luciani, with the architect Tobia Scarpa and the historian Gaetano Cozzi that creates a reality that is at the center of its scientific studies and research on territory and landscape: history, geography, natural and cultural heritage, the behavior of the men who inhabit it through the centuries.
Scholarships are available to pursue graduate (Masters) degree programme. The legacy of their tutelage continues to inspire and guide landscape studies and research and that is why the scholarships focus on three thematic areas that represent their cultural profile and field of activity: –
- Landscape project (Sven-Ingvar Andersson)
- Landscape theories and policies (Rosario Assunto)
- Nature and gardens (Ippolito Pizzetti)
Worth of Award
- The value of each scholarship is set at Euro 10,000.00 (gross). The duration of the scholarships, residential and which cannot be extended, is six months each.
- Two scholarships are implemented for the third, 2017/2018 edition, one for each thematic area Landscape project and Landscape theories and policies.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The scholarships are open to Italian and foreign graduates (master’s degree/laurea magistrale) and postgraduates, under the age of 40 on 31 August 2017.
- Research grant holders or those who hold a public or private position, and carry out any work activity on an ongoing basis cannot apply. Candidates will be selected based on their application.
- The application form is available with the call at www.fbsr.it or at the Foundation’s secretary’s office (via Cornarotta 7, Treviso, open from Monday to Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm).
- The scholarships are open to Italian and foreign students.
How to Apply
The application with the various attachments must be sent by email to paesaggio-at-fbsr.it with subject line “Borse di studio sul paesaggio 2017/2018”, or delivered to the Foundation’s secretary’s office with a different method by the same deadline In any case the documents shall be sent solely in computer form, word or PDF file. Their overall weight, if sent by email, shall not exceed 10 MB, otherwise it is required to use Wetransfer.
The application must include the following documents:
- Description of the scientific project the applicant proposes to pursue with clear indication of the thematic area of the scholarship one applies for, the subject of the research, its aims, the time frames and methods for carrying it out (maximum length 4,000 characters including spaces);
- Curriculum vitae (European format), indicating the languages spoken (a good knowledge of written and spoken Italian is required);
- Copy of the applicant’s degree dissertation and any scientific papers (including master’s or PhD theses);
- A signed and dated presentation letter of a professor and/or of scholar the candidate has collaborated with.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting the applications is set without exception to August 31, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply