- The value of the fellowship is R200 000, but may vary according to training and professional background.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- This fellowship is available only to individuals who have achieved the postdoctoral degree within the past 5 years.
- Applicants may not previously have held full-time permanent professional or academic posts
- Fellowships are awarded for one year. Applications for renewal for one further year will be considered.
- The fellowship must be taken up as soon as possible.
- There are no fringe benefits, thus, the successful candidate is responsible for his or her own medical aid and insurance arrangements. Tax-free status will be arranged with the South African Revenue Services.
- The successful incumbent will be required to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices for the postdoctoral sector.
- South African applicants are eligible for this fellowship.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email.
- A cover letter
- Application form – attached below
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic transcripts
- To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single PDF file to Ms Nadia Hoffman at nadia.hoffman-at-uct.ac.za.
Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.