Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria ltd (SPDC) invites first year students in Nigerian universities for its 2011/2012 scholarship scheme. The Shell scholarship provides an annual grant from the SPDC Joint Venture (NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP) for the full duration of the students’ course.
The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills-base among young Nigerians.
The Scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2011/2012 NM Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2011/2012 OE Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Delta and Bayelsa (from Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government Areas) States. Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2011/2012 OW Application.
How to Apply
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply by providing the a personal and educational details in a signed resume. Details on their website.
The following items should be attached to the resume:-
- Two recent passport-sized photographs of the applicant (with Name, School & Course written on the back)
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Letters of Identification duly stamped and signed by
a) The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
b) The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC),
are also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW) only.
Send your application in one package to:
The Head, Tertiary Scholarships, (CXUI/F)
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
P. O. Box. 230, Warri, Delta State.
Submission Deadline: Friday, August 31, 2012.
For more information, and to apply, click here.