- OFP works closely with students through regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships to attend colleges and universities in the United States.
- OFP finances the cost of the application process, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the U.S. EducationUSA Advising Center for its participants.
- Applicants are welcome from all the states in Nigeria. However, students must be able to reach their offices in Abuja or Lagos on a monthly basis during the program for full participation.Participants will work with our EducationUSA Advisors from June 2019 – August 2020 to try to secure places and financial assistance to begin study in the U.S. in August 2020.
NOTE: ENTRANCE INTO THIS PROGRAM IS NO GUARANTEE OF A SCHOLARSHIP OR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO STUDY IN THE U.S.
The selection of finalists for OFP is highly competitive, given limited funding. They look for applicants with:
- Strong academic record/ transcript
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
NOTE: Undergraduate Applicants– If WAEC results are not available; the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC.
Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete Application Form
- Academic Results:
Undergraduate Applicants– Attach a copy of your WAEC “O” Level results (from WAEC website). Include Cambridge A’Level or IGSCE results if applicable or available.
Graduate Applicants– Attach a copy of your Final year results and degree results (if available) First Class only (STEM majors preferred).
- Letters of recommendation:
Undergraduate Applicants: Request a teacher or your school principal to complete a letter of recommendation form, attesting to your character, talent and skills. Please do not include a basic testimonial that does not talk about you as an individual.
Graduate Applicants: Provide the details of a lecturer, professor, or Head of Department (HOD) that we can contact to find out more about you.
Undergraduate Applicants: Send a scanned copy of your transcript from JS1 to SS3 including your mock and first term results, if possible.
Graduate Applicants– Send a scanned copy of your transcripts that show a GPA of 4.5 or above on a 5.0 scale.
Write two essays, one from Group A and one from Group B, each of about 250– 300 words. The essay topics will be on the application form you receive. (Essay topics will be found on the form)
- For inquiries send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]
Deadline: application closes May 31, 2019