The OFP covers
- the cost of taking standardized tests,
- application fees (limited amount),
- international passport,
- a flight ticket to the U.S,
- visa and SEVIS fees, and if available,
- a settling-in allowance.
In extenuating circumstances and funds permitting, it may cover the cost of a credential evaluation, mailing transcripts and I-20 forms or additional score reports, internet data (if operating virtually).
The selection of finalists for OFP is highly competitive, given limited funding. They look for applicants with:
- Strong academic record
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
How to Apply
NOTE– If WAEC results are not available, the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC. Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
- SS1 & 2 end-of year report (word or PDF files only)
- Mock WAEC result or WAEC result (word or PDF files only)
- Other supporting documentation(word or PDF files only)
- Copy of your university transcript-if available (PDF files only)
- Copy of Statement of Result/Degree (PDF files)
- Submit a detailed Academic Curriculum Vitae(PDF files only)
- Scanned copy of any supplementary certificates of achievement(PDF files only)
- Copy of GRE result (Recommended for Engineering students) PDF files only
Click here to start your application.
Deadline: Application for the EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program close on April 30, 2022.