The Institute for Women’s Policy Research is an organization founded in 1987 by Heidi Hartmann to meet the need for women-centered, policy-oriented research.
Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral programme to students who are interested in the study of policy issues affecting women.
Worth of Award
- The fellow will work in IWPR’s Washington, DC, office with an experienced, multi-disciplinary team of PhD-level researchers and research associates on a variety of topics related to employment, education, income security, work and family, health and safety, and women and girls of color.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Candidates must have completed all requirements for the Ph.D. in economics by September 1, 2017, or have received the Ph.D. in economics after January 1, 2014.
- Applicants must either be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident or already have a valid work permit for the duration of the fellowship.
- Applicants should submit their applications as soon as possible, but no later than June 15, 2017. Start date is negotiable, preferably by September 15, 2017.
- Citizens of USA are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
To apply to the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Gender and Economics, applicants should submit all application materials in a single Word or PDF file to fellowships-at-iwpr.org. Applications should include:
- Letter of interest
- Writing sample
- 2 letters of reference (may be sent separately by those writing the letters)
- PhD award information (may be sent separately by institution awarding the degree or Committee Chair)
Deadline: Applicants should submit their applications as soon as possible, but no later than June 15, 2017. Start date is negotiable, preferably by September 15, 2017. The selected applicant will be contacted no later than July 7, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply