Universitat Pompeu Fabra is a public university located in Barcelona. It is the best Spanish university according to the London Times higher education index, 2011, and it#39;s the number one Spanish university in the number of ERC grants. The Department of Information and Communication Technologies is the best in Computer Science in Spain, according to the Shanghai index 2009. The accreditation Units of Excellence Maria de Maeztu 2016-19 recognizes the units in Spain that perform cutting-edge research and are among the world's best in their respective areas: only 3 university departments are accredited as such in Spain, and ICT-UPF is the only one among technology and engineering.
The fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme in the field of Educational Technologies.
Worth of Award
- The PhD fellow will be an active member of the GTI (UPF) and will participate in relevant research activities within ongoing projects and initiatives in the research line of TEL with particular focus on the connection of Ubiquitous Learning, Learning Analytics and Learning Design.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Accredited undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree or recognized equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution).
- Accredited graduate/master’s degree (equivalent to a Spanish Master Universitario/Oficial, Master’s of Research…. ) in Computer Science, Learning Technologies, HCI or equivalent, or an education at the equivalent level. The candidate needs to fulfil the admission requirements of the UPF ICT PhD program https://www.upf.edu/web/doctorats/tecnologies-de- la-informacio- i-les-comunicacions
- A good knowledge of interaction design and data analytics is valuable.
- Programming skills.
- Have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
Additional desired qualifications:
- Spanish or Catalan
- Academic publications
- International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply
Please send application with CV, contact information of two references, and a motivation letter to davinia DOT hernandez AT upf DOT edu and patricia DOT santos AT upf DOT edu.
Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is June 2017.