Curtin University is pleased to offer the Sunway Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) International Scholarship. The scholarship is available to prospective international undergraduate students who have completed AUSMAT (WACE) through Sunway University College at the Kuala Lumpur or Johor Bahru campus in 2012 and who wish to study at Curtin University. The Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) is equivalent to the AUSMAT program.
- Health Sciences
- Science & Engineering
- Curtin Business School
Nationality: International students
Maximum number awarded: 13
Worth of Scholarship: The scholarship will provide a 20% reduction of international student tuition fees per semester for the normal expected duration of the undergraduate degree for which the scholarship is awarded .
An extension will be considered for students who wish to do an honours year. Note: for the purposes of the scholarship, tuition fees will not include incidental fees which vary across courses.
The number of scholarships awarded by each faculty will be:
- Faculty of Health Science- 5
- Curtin Business School- 5
- Faculty of Humanities- 1
- Faculty of Science and Engineering- 2
The award of this scholarship may preclude the recipient from holding similar scholarships. Curtin University reserves the right to amend the award if the recipient holds another scholarship. Curtin University also reserves the right to deem applicants ineligible for this scholarship if in receipt of another.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for the Sunway AUSMAT (WACE) International Scholarship:
- Must have completed an AUSMAT (WACE) program through Sunway College at the Kuala Lumpur or Johor Bahru campus in 2012.
- Must be an international student studying onshore at the Bentley Campus in Semester 1, 2013.
- Must achieve an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) equal to or above 85; met relevant course pre-requisite subject requirements and achieved a scaled mark of 50% or above in Stage 2 or Stage 3 English, Literature or English as an additional language/dialect in the year preceding studies at Curtin.
- Must submit a Curtin application for admission form to the campus Director, Australian Matriculation Programme at Sunway University College by 31 October 2012.
- This scholarship covers all undergraduate degrees including double degrees offered at Curtin University.
Applicants do not need to complete a separate application form to apply for this scholarship, but they must apply for admission at Curtin University as an international student and submit it to the campus Director, Australian Matriculation Programme at Sunway College.
Deadline: October 31, 2012.
For more information, and to apply, click here.