Virginia International University is a private, non-profit institution established in 1998. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, VIU offers degree programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as language programs like English as a Second Language (ESL), test preparation courses, and continuing education opportunities.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or graduate programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
Virginia International University invites applications for the Regional Scholarship Programme for prospective students from 7 designated regions around the world in 2019.
Worth of Award
- $500 up to full tuition – to be divided by two consecutive semesters
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a returning or first-time applicant for any of VIU’s academic program.
- Must apply for one of VIU’s undergraduate or graduate program as a full-time student.
- Undergraduate and graduate students (domestic and international). Prospective students – on-campus.
- The scholarships will be awarded to prospective students from 7 regions around the world.
- Region 3: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Brazzaville, Congo Democratic Republic, Cote D’Ivore, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan St. Helena, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Yogo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Region 5: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen.
How to Apply
Complete applications must include all of the following:
- Online Scholarship application form (applicant portal)
- Secondary or higher education transcript.
- Personal statement of success of at least 500 words describing your background, future goals, education, influential experiences, and career objectives in the form of an essay; not a list of facts.
- Letter of recommendation from faculty (academic) or supervisor (professional).
- Evidence of English proficiency
Option 1: Test scores (see table above for minimum requirement).
Option 2: Provide an official transcript indicating completion of a minimum of 9 credit hours (graduate program), 12 credit hours (undergraduate program), or high school diploma from an accredited United States institution (not VIU) at which the language of instruction was English.
- Or provide an official transcript indicating you have earned your bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree in its entirety in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Anglophone Canada, Nigeria, Singapore, The Philippines, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cook Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Antigua and Barbuda.
Deadline: The application deadline is March 15, 2019 and May 10, 2019.
Click here for more details and to apply