2017 CPR Certification Institute Scholarship for Health Care Professionals essay contest opens for entries to individuals pursuing a career of service in a medical related field.
The goal is to encourage your career choice by supporting you in your journey, whether that means helping you finish your medical training, finish a college course, or launch your career.
Worth of Award
- CPR Certification Institute will grant a $2,000 scholarship to the author of the winning essay.
- Three runner-ups will be granted complimentary access to any of our courses, including a range of certification choices (a potential value of over $300.00 )
- Payment will be distributed in the form of a stipend in the tenth month of 2017 to the winner.
- Funds are unrestricted.
- Each submission should be between 750 and 1000 words in length. The topic of the essay should be related emergency medical care, and the essay should be written form the perspective of a medical student. CPR should be mentioned as a critical skill for all healthcare providers including emergency personnel, nurses and physicians, as well as for laypersons working in fields where the skill could be used to save lives in an emergency.
- Other subtopics to touch on in the essay include mental and physical preparation for those entering medical fields who will be expected to perform lifesaving procedures, and discussion of how working as a healthcare provider can be both stressful and rewarding. The target audience is other students entering the field, who could benefit from your insight and advice.
- Essays will be judged based on the level of helpfulness they can deliver as well as their tone and sincerity. CPR expertise is not required for this essay, but is helpful. Essays with incorrect spelling, punctuation, grammar or sentence structure will not be considered.
Any undergraduate or graduate college student who currently is enrolled in any form of “healthcare degree” program or courseware may apply. Such programs include (but are not limited to):
- Athletic Trainer
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Cardiovascular Technologist,
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Electrocardiographic Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Exercise Scientist/Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Assistant, Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Assistant, Paramedic
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant, Physician
- Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Respiratory Therapist
- Proof of your enrollment may be requested as part of your eligibility determination.
- Employees and family members of employees of CPR Certification Institute are not eligible to participate in this program.
How to Apply
- Your essay should be written and saved in Microsoft Word, and submitted via email to [email protected].
- Name your file in a way that includes your last name, first name, and name of school you are currently enrolled in. For example, you may name your file in this fashion: BROOK_JASPER_UNIVERSITY_OF_DENVER.doc
- Include “CPR ESSAY SCHOLARSHIP ENTRY” in the subject line of your email. In the body, include the following:
- Your contact information (Full Name, Email address, Telephone Number, Permanent Address)
- Name of School
- Name of Education Program
All entries will become the sole property of CPR Certification Institute and may be disseminated with no recompense to the author.
Deadline: no later than 11:59 PM PST on September 30th, 2017.