These fellowships are available to pursue the undergraduate research programme in subjects offered by the university
Worth of Award
These Fellowships will cover the following:
- Each Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research fellow will be awarded $800 for participation in the proposed project. The funds are directly credited to the fellow’s student account by the financial aid office; therefore, a student must be enrolled full-time (i.e., enrolled in at least 12 credits) during the term for which the fellowship is awarded. Additionally, students can be awarded only one Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Fellowship during their entire undergraduate career at Pitt.
- Up to ten fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for Fellowships:
- Undergraduate students who are sponsored by and working with a faculty member during the upcoming fall or spring term may apply.
- Students also must be registered for courses full time during the term for which the fellowship is awarded. Preference is given to applicants with a 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Students can apply for both the Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Fellowship and a Fall/Spring Brackenridge Fellowship in the same term; however, because the Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Fellowship are awarded before the Fall/Spring Brackenridge Fellowships are awarded, if offered a Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Fellowship, your name will be withdrawn from consideration for the Fall/Spring Brackenridge Fellowship in that term.
- US applicants can apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email.
- The student and the sponsoring faculty member must make a joint application according to the guidelines listed below.
- Application materials must be received by the University Honors College (3600 Cathedral of Learning) by the date specified above. The UHC will evaluate the proposals, and all applicants will be notified of decisions shortly after the application deadline.
- Cover Sheet – Complete this sheet (PDF)and include it with the application.
- Project Description – Provide a description of your proposed project, emphasising your interests and goals, your preparation for this project, an explanation of how your project relates to current research in the field and the methodology you will use to complete your project.
- Academic Record – Provide a copy of your current transcript (it may be unofficial).
Deadline: Fellowship is application deadline is October 13, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply online