The Chiba University offers Kokudo Foundation Scholarships for potential students from countries outside of Japan who matriculated as regular students (either undergraduate or graduate) in April 2017, regardless of academic department or field of study.
Chiba University and it is also abbreviated as Chibadai is a national university in the city of Chiba, Japan. It offers Doctoral degrees in education as part of a coalition with Tokyo Gakugei University, Saitama University, and Yokohama National University.
Scholarships are available for undergraduate or graduate programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Payment of Scholarship
- Amount Provided: ¥100,000 per month (This scholarship is paid to the recipient and does not need to be reimbursed to the foundation at a later date.)
- Paid to the recipient on the last day of each month (If the last day of the month coincides with a bank holiday, then payment will be provided on the day prior.)
- Date Scheduled for Payment to Begin: Last day of June 2017. (Payment for the three months of April, May, and June will be paid together on the final day of June.)
- There are three scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Students who come to Japan for studies or research; are of an upstanding character and in good academic standing; are in good health, and are recognized as having financial difficulties with payment of tuition.
- Potential recipients are those from countries outside of Japan who matriculated as regular students (either undergraduate or graduate) as of April 2017, regardless of academic department or field of study.
- Those who are able to attend an interview held in Tokyo (planned for early June).
- University asks that an academic transcript and either a certification of enrollment or a graduation diploma be presented at the end of each academic year.
- Recipients will be asked to join assemblies organized by our foundation.
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Written scholarship application form and income survey (Using foundation’s set format. Photograph required.)
- Letter of recommendation from either the student’s current principal or from an advising teacher/ professor.
- Certificate of enrolment.
- Academic transcript. (For students who are unable to provide his or her most recent transcript, submission is not necessary.)
- Health certificate.
- The copy of residence card.
Deadline: The application deadline is May 15, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply