This grant is available to pursue the undergraduate programme to study subjects offered by the institutions.
Worth of Award
- The amount of Tuition Grant (inclusive of any GST) depends on the course and the nationality of the student.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Singapore
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants are eligible for Tuition Grant Scheme if you have not already taken any Tuition Grant or Singapore Government sponsorship to attain another equal or higher level qualification (including those that you have received for the previous uncompleted course if any).
- It is applicable to international students (IS) enrolled in both full-time and part-time postgraduate studies in NUS and NTU.
- International students must be In return for taking up the Service Obligation Scheme, you are required to work for a Singapore entity for 3 years
- upon graduation.
- Applicants are eligible for the Service Obligation Scheme if you have not already attained a postgraduate degree qualification through MOE subsidies or sponsorship by the Government.
- There is no bond obligation for Singapore citizens who receive the Tuition Grant.
- SC, SPR and IS students who have received Tuition Grant for studies in degree programmes at NUS, NTU, SIT, SMU, SUTD, SUSS, LASALLE or NAFA, will be eligible for Tuition Grant up to total credits required for graduation at SIT less the percentage of semesters or trimesters of Tuition Grant received at your previous university.
- Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students from AY2015 cohort onwards are eligible to apply for this grant.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via online.
- Eligible SC students will be awarded the Tuition Grant by making a declaration of your eligibility. The steps are as follows:
- Download and complete the “Declaration For Tuition Grant Eligibility” Form from the IN4SIT.
- Scan and upload all pages of the completed form in a PDF file to IN4SIT by 30 June 2017.
- SC Students do not need to apply for the MOE TG Online System.
SPR and IS students
SPR and IS students who intend to receive Tuition Grant are required to submit an application for the Tuition Grant Scheme, which is subject to MOE’s approval.
- Submit an application on the MOE TG online website during the application period, from 17 July to 21 July 2017 for AY2017/18. You may refer to the Application Guide for more details.
- Sign the Tuition Grant Agreement at the Tuition Grant Signing Ceremony on 11 August 2017 if your application is successful. Successful applicants will need to bring two sureties for those signing ceremonies. The sureties must be above 21 and below 65 years of age and must not be undischarged bankrupts. Details will be sent to your SIT and personal email accounts, nearer to the date.