Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Scholarship is available to pursue postgraduate (PhD) programme in the field of Chemistry/Biophysics.
Worth of Award
- The PhD studentship will be three years in duration and covers tuition fees plus a stipend of NZ$ 25,000 per annum (non-taxable).
- In addition, some reasonable funds are available to students e.g. for travel to international conferences, or small equipment.
- There would be the possibility to gain some experience in teaching if desired. The location of the PhD is at the Manawatu Campus of Massey University, in Palmerston North, a small, very affordable yet lively, enjoyable and culturally diverse city in the North Island of New Zealand.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The anticipated admission standard for this PhD position is a 1st class or high upper 2nd class honours degree, or a master’s degree with merit or distinction, in chemistry/biochemistry or a related quantitative discipline.
- Overseas qualifications of an equivalent standard are also acceptable. Experience in synthetic chemistry is essential and experience with the synthesis (chemical or biochemical) and purification of nucleic acids is highly desirable.
- An interest in biological questions, experience with protein purification and some familiarity with NMR spectroscopy would be considered favourable.
- International and New Zealand Citizens is eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
For further information and informal discussions of potential projects please contact e.harjes-at-massey.ac.nz.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 11, 2017.