The National University of Ireland, Centre for Research in Medical Devices seeks applications for the postdoctoral research fellowship in 3D Printing/Micro Processing of Electrically Active Materials. This fellowship will cover €37,750 – €38,860 per annum to Irish citizens for 2017-2018 academic year.NUI Galway (Irish OÉ Gaillimh) is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland. It is located in Ireland’s westerly city of Galway. The university opened for teaching in 1849 as Queen’s College, Galway with 37 professors and 91 students. NUI Galway is a member of the Coimbra Group, a network of 40 long-established European universities.
This fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral research in the fields of microfabrication, characterization, analysis of novel electrically active materials and 3D Printing/Micro Processing of Electrically Active Materials.
Worth of Award
- This fellowship will cover €37,750 – €38,860 per annum.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. or a Ph.D. in prospect, in a relevant science or engineering subject, and a proven track record in a research and development environment.
- Candidates must be highly motivated and passionate about developing new products.
- Previous experience in 3D modeling; optical processing, lithography or 3D printing is essential.
- In addition, the successful candidate should also have expertise in as many of the following areas as possible: 2-photon lithography; piezoelectric material formulation and characterization; electrochemistry; biomaterials fabrication and functionalization.
- Irish citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email.
- Applications to include a covering letter
- The contact details of three referees should be sent, via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Tara Cosgrave (curam-at-nuigalway.ie).
- Please put reference number NUIG053-17in subject line of e-mail application.
Deadline: The application deadline is May 1, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply