Maynooth College is offering Scotus Eriugena Research Scholarships in Theology for international students starting a PhD, beginning in September 2017.
St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, is the “National Seminary for Ireland”, and a Pontifical University, located in the village of Maynooth, 24 km from Dublin, Ireland.Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme in the following areas: Fundamental Theology / Philosophical Theology, Systematic Theology, Moral Theology / Theological Ethics, Sacred Scripture / Biblical Studies and Ecclesiastical History.Three scholarships are offered over a 3 year period in Ireland
Applications are invited from those with a Masters in Theology who wish to complete a PhD in the following areas, beginning in September 2017:
- Fundamental Theology / Philosophical Theology: The importance and contribution(s) of Maurice Blondel to twentieth-century Catholic thought and practice
- Systematic Theology: Contemporary Trinitarian Theology ‘19th and 20th Century Receptions of Aquinas, Ressourcement Theology: Plumbing its Patristic and Medieval Foundations
- Moral Theology / Theological Ethics: The interface of the Catholic moral tradition with intellectual trends and contemporary issues in bio-ethics and related fields. The interaction of Catholic social teaching with contemporary justice and human rights challenges
- Sacred Scripture / Biblical Studies: The Characterisation of God in the Synoptic Gospels. The Characterisation of God in a Book of the Old Testament
- Ecclesiastical History: The devotional worlds of European Christianity from the later Middle Ages to the modern period.
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The completed application form and the candidate’s supporting documentation must be submitted via email. Applicants must include the following:
- Application Form and Supporting Materials
- Statement of Interest
- Two Academic references
Deadline: The application deadline is May 19, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply