Scholarships are available for pursuing taught MA programme within the School of Politics and International Relations at Canterbury to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Two types of scholarship are available.
- The first will reduce tuition fees for overseas students to £10,000 (an award of £4,670), they intend to make three awards of this scholarship.
- The second will offer a 10% reduction on overseas fees.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- The number of scholarships to be awarded will be at the discretion of the School of Politics and International Relations.
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applicants must have submitted a separate, online, application for study on a taught MA programme within the School of Politics and International Relations at Canterbury in order to be considered for an Overseas Scholarship
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and candidates with a 2.1 and above will be considered for an award
- Where candidates are rated equivalent in terms of academic excellence, their financial circumstances will (if possible) be taken into account in deciding on an award
- In order to take up a scholarship, it will be necessary for an applicant to meet all of the conditions specified in their offer of a place on an MA programme within the School of Politics and International Relations
- Scholarships may not be deferred
- Any scholarship offered must be verbally accepted within one week of offer and firmly accepted by signing the University’s Terms and Conditions and returning these within one week of the date of the letter from the University’s Scholarship Unit enclosing the Terms and Conditions. If not so accepted, the offer will automatically be withdrawn without further intimation to the applicant
- Students who are successful in the application will have the opportunity to act as international ambassadors for the School of Politics and International Relations
- Scholarships are open to all overseas applicants.
How to Apply
The application form should be completed in full and sent via email. Along with this application form student should also submit:
- A case for the award of a scholarship (no more than 1500 words)
- A piece of previous coursework (should not exceed 2,000 words)
Deadline: The closing date for application May 31, 2017.