Thanks USA Foundation seeks applications for its 2017 ThanksUSA Scholarship Program available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
ThanksUSA is an organization that provides need-based educational scholarships to the children and spouses of U.S. military personnel, with special emphasis given to those who lost a loved one in service to America.
These Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme in the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Kaplan will provide three different types of scholarship awards: (Applicants must have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher.)
- Kaplan will provide 5 full-tuition (4-year) Thanks, USA/Kaplan Scholarships to military spouses and dependent military children. These awards will include one scholarship in public service, one in STEM and three to be determined based on the applications received.
- Kaplan will provide 5 full-tuition and 5 partial-tuition (47%) scholarships to military spouses who are licensed registered nurses who want to enhance their education by obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Students must provide a copy of their current nursing license.
- Kaplan will provide 5 full-tuition and 5 partial-tuition (47%) scholarships to military spouses and dependent military children who currently hold an Associate’s Degree and would like to earn their Bachelor’s Degree through Kaplan’s Online University.
- There are only five scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be dependent children1, age 24 and under (as of the 5/15/2017 application deadline), of U.S. military service personnel
- or be spouses of U.S. military service personnel
- and be current high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in the undergraduate study at an accredited two?or four?year college or university or vocational?technical school for the entire 2017?18 academic year. Dependent children must enroll full?time.3 Spouses may attend full or part?time.
- and have at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.00 scale or its equivalent on their relevant academic record (e.g., the high school record for incoming freshmen or postsecondary school record for those already enrolled in a college, university or vocational/technical school). Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA to qualify for the Kaplan awards.
- Applicants from the US can apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
The first step in applying for any of the three scholarship types is to create your application account and complete your student profile.
You may wish to gather the following information that will be needed for the application process:
- Military Service Personnel’s base or unit location information.
- Student and U.S. Military Service Personnel email addresses.
- List of student’s involvement in school activities, church activities, and community activities. (Please be)
- Student’s transcript of grades unofficial copies are accepted. See below for those requirements.
- Statement of student’s educational and career objectives.
- Financial information from the family’s most recently submitted tax return. (See Financial Instructions for help completing this section of the application.)
Deadline: The Application Deadline is May 15, 2017.