Kyushu University seeks applications for Kyushu University Friendship Scholarships Scheme open to students from abroad for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
By offering them a chance to study abroad at Kyushu University, the scheme aims to foster the nation’s future leaders, maintain good relations with Kyushu University, and play the role of point of contact to cultivate joint research and bring in external capital depending on their course or career after graduation.
Kyushu University, abbreviated to Kyudai, is a Japanese public university located in Fukuoka, Kyushu. It is the 4th oldest university in Japan and one of the former Imperial Universities.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme
to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Grants are as follows in principle.
1) Travel expenses: Travel expenses up to 100,000 yen, will be covered (actual costs). However, this depends on the budget of Kyushu University. The details are as follows:
- Round-trip economy air ticket via the most direct route between Fukuoka and the location of the recipient’s university. Air tickets and transportation fees in the recipient’s home country will not apply unless receipts and other proof of purchase are made.
- Incidental Expenses Only expenses incurred through visas, travel taxes, and airport taxes will be borne by Kyushu University. In the event that receipts and proof of payment are not submitted, these expenses will not be covered.
- 2) Amount of Scholarships: 80,000 yen per month for undergraduate students and 100,000 yen per month for graduate students.
- Both your period of enrollment at Kyushu University and the length of stay in Japan must be more than 16 days of the month concerned in order to receive a monthly stipend.
- About 5 people. (Depends on the budget.)
- Scholarship can be taken inJapan
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Scholarships are open to students from abroad who attend prestigious universities in their home country.
- Students who are enrolled in non-Japanese universities.
- Terms of Study should be more than 3 months and less than 12 months. (In the case of Double Degree Program students, terms of study can be more than 12 months.)
- Students who can be accepted by an undergraduate school or graduate school of Kyushu University as a status listed in “Visa” part. (Students have to take a procedure separately to be exchange students of Kyushu University.)
- Students who can pay the tuition fee when they come from non-Japanese universities which don’t have an agreement of student exchange with Kyushu University.
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Determine an academic supervisor from who you wish to have instruction during your study term at Kyushu University
- Contact the potential academic supervisor by e-mail or other ways, and obtain his/her unofficial consent.
- Prepare application documents for applicants mentioned above, and send them to the academic supervisor by post.
- The academic supervisor prepares” application documents for academic supervisor”, He/she will submit them along with “application documents for applicants” to International Student Exchange Division through the student section of the department concerned by the deadline
- Applications for the Friendship Scholarship will be examined by the Kyushu University International Exchange Executive Committee and the final decision of the selection will be made by the President of Kyushu University.
- The International Student Exchange Division will notify the student section of the department concerned and the prospective academic supervisor of the result in writing.
- The prospective academic supervisor or the student section will notify the applicant of the result of the application.
Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply