The University of Tartu seeks applications for Jaan Einasto International Scholarship for doctoral students or young researchers from foreign universities to pursue the research programme.
The University of Tartu is a classical university in the city of Tartu, Estonia. It is the national university of Estonia. The University of Tartu is the only classical university in the country and also the biggest and most prestigious university in Estonia.
The language of instruction for most of the doctoral programmes is English, and there is no need to submit a test of English language proficiency upon applying.
Scholarship is available for pursuing the research programme in the field of Science and Technology.
Worth of Award
- One scholarship in the amount of 2000 Euros has been announced.
- There is only one scholarship available.
- Scholarship can be taken inEstonia
- Those eligible to apply include doctoral students or young researchers (up to 40 years old, inclusive) from foreign universities who are coming to perform research at the University of Tartu or at the Tartu Observatory, as well as PhD students or researchers from the University of Tartu or from the Tartu Observatory who are transferring to a foreign university and whose research is related to astronomy or space technology.
- International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online. In order to apply for the scholarship, students must submit the following to the UT Foundation:
- An electronic application form containing an overview of academic and social activities, a recommendation from a supervisor, a budget for the planned research, the sources and amounts of co-financing;
- An overview of the planned scientific or research study (add to the electronic application);
- An overview of the planned activity popularizing science (add to the electronic application);
- A recommendation from the faculty dean or institution’s director (a recommendation is a part of the electronic application);
- For UT doctoral students and researchers, a confirmation from the Host University or institution about starting the studies or research (add to the electronic application).
Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications is May 1, 2017.