Frito Lay Arts Scholarship opens for applications for undergraduate students by the United Negro College Fund USA for the 2018-2020 academic year.
UNCF is the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization.
The United Negro College Fund, or UNCF, is an American philanthropic organization that funds scholarships for black students and general scholarship funds for 39 private historically black colleges and universities.
The scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate programme in these subjects:
- Fine Art
- Mass Media Arts
- Performing Arts
- Theater Arts/Drama
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Art
Worth of Award
- The Frito Lays Arts Scholarship program will provide awards ranging from $1000 up to $5,000 per eligible student majoring in the arts for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Attend a 4-year accredited college or university in the United States
- Major in Performing or Visual Arts related field
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident.
- S. Citizen or permanent resident are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via the online UNCF application system.
Deadline: The application deadline is April 7, 2017.