Edith Cowan University (ECU) invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate students of outstanding research undertaking a higher degree by research at ECU. Students of any nationality can apply for these scholarships.
Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman
Scholarships are available for the higher degree by research at ECU to study all subjects offered by the Edith Cowan University.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship includes a stipend of $28,000 per annum to be paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer.
- Other benefits include a thesis allowance, relocation allowance (where applicable) and Overseas Students Health Cover (where applicable).
- The duration of the scholarship will vary depending on the duration of the course, up to two years for a Master by research and up to 3 years for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Integrated PhD.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
To be eligible applicants must have met the minimum requirements below:
- Have been made an unconditional offer of place in an ECU higher degree by research course*
And at least one of the following:
- Completed an Australian first class Bachelor Honours Degree (H1)*.
- Completed a Master’s Degree with the equivalent of at least 6 months full time research and a minimum course weighted average of 70%*.
- A current research doctoral enrolment with a timely Confirmation of Candidature.
- Completed your first year of an ECU Integrated PhD (J42) with a minimum course weighted average of 80%*.
- Produced at least one of the research outputs below as the sole or first author:
- refereed article in a scholarly journal
- refereed full written conference publication
- scholarly research book or book chapter
- commissioned or peer reviewed creative work, or refereed exhibition of creative artefacts
- creative or design work that has received respected public/industry reviews in state or national/international media;
- creative or design work that is the recipient of a grant from authorised philanthropic trusts and/or state and federal arts funding body
- Special exemption from the above requirements may be granted by the Associate Dean (Research) of the relevant School where an adequate case has been made by a potential supervisor.
- Students around the world can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: The application deadline is May 26, 2017.