University facilitates world-leading research across all academic schools and departments, with an impressive track record of initiating exciting and innovative interdisciplinary collaborations.
The Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785.
Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme within the School of English and Drama, as well as Postgraduate scholarships, are awarded in Theatre and Performance or our MA in English Studies (any of the seven pathways) or our MA in Poetry.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship will cover 50% of the course fees (for the standard duration of the course) and will go to an International student (paying overseas fees).
- One undergraduate and two postgraduate scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
- School of English and Drama Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship 2017-18: You will be eligible if you are an international student who firmly accepts our offer to study on one of the three participating degree programmes (BA in English, BA in Drama, BA in English and Drama). If you’re eligible you’ll be invited to submit a short piece of writing. You would be expected to maintain an average of 68% or above to retain the scholarship.
- School of English and Drama Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships 2017-18: In order to be selected by the panel to receive the award:
- You should have an excellent academic track record. We would usually expect you to achieve, or be expected to achieve, the equivalent of a British 1st Class Honours Degree.
- You must meet the conditions of your offer.
- You must not be in receipt of any other QMUL scholarship or full fee scholarship from any other source. If you are in receipt of another QMUL Scholarship, e.g. the Alumni Loyalty Award, you will be awarded only one Scholarship, whichever has the greater value.
Please note that:
- Scholarships are not payable directly to you but are offset against your student fee invoice.
- Awards cannot be deferred to subsequent years.
- Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- When applicants firmly accept our offer of a place we’ll write to you with details of the writing task.
- School of English and Drama Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships 2017-18
- Simply apply to study full-time on our MA in Theatre and Performance or our MA in English Studies (any of the seven pathways) or our MA in Poetry before programme through our online portal before Thursday 1 June 2017. Scholarships are not available for part-time study.
Deadline: Application deadlines for the undergraduate scholarship are July 10, 2017, and for the postgraduate scholarship is June 1, 2017.