Applicants must have master’s degree or equivalent in Linguistics, in a European language (Germanic, Romance or Slavic) or in a discipline related to the research profile of the umbrella project SynSem.
Fellowship is provided for pursuing doctoral research programme in Formal Semantics, Theoretical Syntax or the Syntax-semantics Interface at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Worth of Award
- Salary level NOK 432 700 – 489 300, depending on qualifications
- A professionally stimulatinging working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
- One PhD position is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Linguistics, in a European language (Germanic, Romance or Slavic) or in a discipline related to the research profile of the umbrella project SynSem. The master degree or equivalent has to be achieved by the time of application.
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written, are required.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on:
- The project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- The applicant’s estimated academic and personal ability to complete the project within the time frame
- The applicant’s ability to complete research training
- Good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities
- Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may be given preference.
- Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online. Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position
- Curriculum Vitae (complete list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a complete list of publications)
- Transcript of records of your Master’s degree. Applicants with education from a foreign university are advised to attach an explanation of their university’s grading system
- Project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project (3 – 5 pages, see Template for project descriptions)
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Educational certificates, master theses and the like are not to be submitted with the application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works later.
Deadline: The application deadline is April 18, 2017.