Worth of Award
- These scholarships will cover tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for the academic year starting in 2020.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Applicants of member states of the African Union can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Application to Tertiary Education Institutions (TEIs)
- All applicants must also have applied for at least one full-time on-campus undergraduate programme at a public TEI of their choice. This application must be made as soon as the TEIs have opened their application windows on their respective websites.
- Applicants need to submit the completed Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Application Form along with documents to their respective Nominating Agencies. This should be done by a deadline to be determined by the Nominating Agency and communicated to prospective applicants.
- An applicant may either: obtain a conditional offer (letter of admission) from their chosen Mauritian public TEI and submit this along with the scholarship application: OR submit an acknowledgement notice from a Mauritian public TEI that the application for a seat has been made.
- ALL candidates, irrespective of whether having opted for (a) or (b) above, must also submit the fully completed Application Form and certified copies of the following documents as part of their application to their local Nominating Agency:
- Birth Certificate;
- Educational certificates and transcripts at the secondary school level, or above;
- Medical certificate to be filled and stamped by a registered medical practitioner in
- SECTION SIX of the Application Form;
- The copy of passport biodata page, if available.
All applicants for the scholarship must have already applied for at least one full-time on-campus programme at a public higher education institution of their choice in Mauritius.
- Either a conditional offer or an acknowledgement of application from a Mauritian HEI must be submitted together with the scholarship application.
- Application for university admission must be made as soon as the Mauritian institutions have opened their application windows on their respective websites.
Deadline: the Deadline for electronic submission is April 30, 2021. For August intake, hardcopy submission closes May 14, 2021.