Scholarships are available to pursue Masters of Law by Research or a PhD programme within the following topics given below:
- Tracing the Impact of Legal Education in Australia: The Nexus Between Legal Scholarship and Criminal Law and Practice.
- Climate-Adaptive Law for Marine and Coastal Biodiversity and Resource Conservation
- Fisheries Law and Governance
- Restorative justice, diversion and cyber-sexual offending by young people
- Science, International Law and the Global Commons: How Can we Make Scientific Rules More Effective in International Law?
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Clinical Trial Governance
- Putting the Trust into Land Administration via the Blockchain – Hyperbole or Hope?
- The Paris Climate Agreement: Justice and Effectiveness
- What Drives Lawyer Behaviour in Dispute Settlement?
- Has Diversity Within the Legal Profession Changed the Character of Legal Knowledge?
- Relationships with Clients in Tasmanian Legal Service Delivery
- Case Management Practices in Tasmanian Civil Litigation
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Governance
- One or more scholarships for outstanding students will be awarded
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
The following eligibility criteria apply to these scholarships:
- The scholarship is open to Australian (domestic) candidates and to International candidates.
- The PhD must be undertaken on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must already have been awarded a first class Honours degree or hold equivalent qualifications or relevant and substantial research experience in an appropriate sector.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills.
Candidates from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Knowledge and skills that will be ranked highly include:
- Legal service delivery
- Qualitative research methods, particularly in-depth interviewing
- Australian (domestic) candidates and International candidates are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- Applicants should visit the Apply Now website and complete an application via the University of Tasmania’s Online Application System.
- Please indicate under Scholarship Support that you would like to be considered for a particularly hot topic living allowance scholarship.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 10, 2017.