Students from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand are invited to the Margaret Mcnamara Memorial Fund (MMMF).
A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- Has a record of service to women and/or children in her country or other developing country.
- Is enrolled at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch or the University of Witwatersrand when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year covered by the grant.
- Will use the grant toward completion of her degree.
- Is a national of a World Bank lower or middle income developing member country).
- Plans to return to her country or another developing country within about two years after completing use of the grant and perform at least two years of service.
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance.
- Is at least 25 years old by the application deadline.
- Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse.
There are no exceptions to the MMMF educational grant criteria listed above.
Worth of Awards: MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each.
MMMF Application Process
A complete application package consists of the following (NO exceptions):
- 1 (one) Online Application Form (see item A below).
- 2 (two) Online Recommendation Forms (see item B below)
- 5 additional documents as listed in item C to be e-mailed to [email protected]
Please make sure to submit ALL documents as listed. Only complete applications will be accepted
Your most recent transcript/academic report (available from the Registrar’s Office of your University)
- Your University Registration for 2012
- One (1) passport-size photograph
- Picture page of your passport (for all foreign students) or national identification document for South African students
- Study Permit for South Africa (not applicable for South African students)
The MMMF will only accept electronic submissions.
Deadline: the online application with all supplemental documents must be submitted by August 21, 2012.
For more information, and to apply, click here.