United Arab Emirates University is the oldest university in the United Arab Emirates. It was established after independence from Britain by then the president and the founding father of the UAE, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, in 1976.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Graduate Research Scholarships are granted to eligible students and provide a full package of benefits, which includes the full tuition waiver, monthly stipend, housing or housing allowance, health insurance, and research support.
- The housing benefit is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Health insurance is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Research support funds are provided to the faculty for supporting the student’s research.
- Award recipients who take an official leave of absence from their study will have their stipend payments and any applicable housing allowance suspended for the duration of the leave period, and the period of their Scholarship award will be extended accordingly.
Summary of benefits:
- Tuition Waiver: Yes
- Stipend: AED 10,000/month
- Housing Allowance: AED 1,500/month
- Health Insurance: Yes (student only)
- Research Support: Yes.
- Scholarship can be taken in UAE
The program is designed to recruit and support PhD students. Applicants for Graduate Research Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Students must enroll full-time in a minimum of 9 graduate credits per semester.
- Students must not be financially sponsored by any other organization or hold any active employment.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Master’s degree.
- Students must have and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher at the PhD level.
The following additional factors apply to the selection criteria:
- The ranking and research classification of the institution from which the applicant received his/her Master’s degree.
- Applicant’s prior research experience and its relevance to UAEU research.
- Applicant’s publication record.
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- To apply, complete and submit an application with all required documents.
- Submit the complete application form with the following documents (all in English) sent as attachments via email to cgs.scholarships-at-uaeu.ac.ae.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Copy of Bachelor degree transcript
- Copy of Master degree transcript
- Copy of CV with a list of relevant publications
- Statement of research interest (300 words max.)
Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.