The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is inviting applications for its 2015 Leadership Fellowship Program for Africans. The Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to identify and support future African leaders. The fellowship seeks to deepen and broaden its growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
Worth of Award
- The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose, for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months, the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position on the following terms: the fellow will receive an annual stipend monthly paid by the Bank out of the funds provided by Foundation. The Fellow may be required to travel to different locations on instructions of the Bank. All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance but excluding travel and shipping costs relating to assumption of duty and repatriation, will be borne by the Bank.
- The Fellow will sign a contract with the Bank before commencement of service.
- For the duration of his/her contract with the Bank, the Fellow will, for all operational purposes and purposes of conduct, be required to comply with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the Bank. Only the Bank and not the Foundation shall be entitled to direct and instruct the Fellow in his/her performance or conduct during the course his/her assignment with the Bank.
- The Fellow is not a regular employee of the Bank, or is not granted a right to employment with the Bank. There is no obligation to hire the Fellow and there is no presumption of future employment at the Bank upon expiration of the twelve (12) month fellowship Term. The Fellow shall not be eligible for recruitment as a staff member of the Bank for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of termination of his/her Fellowship with the Bank or expiration of the 12 month Fellowship term (whichever is sooner).
- The Fellow shall not participate in the Bank’s child educational scheme and staff medical insurance and retirement plans.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation will ensure that the Fellow has his/her own medical insurance, child education and retirement plan arrangements.
- The travel and shipping costs for the assumption of duty and repatriation at the end of the appointment will be borne and paid out of the Funds provided by the Foundation.
To apply for this fellowship you must:
- be a national of an African country
- have 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- have a Master’s Degree
- be under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
How to Apply
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted on line with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)) indicating date of birth, nationality, education and relevant experience.
- Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
- The selection process will include the Bank’s Human Resources Department carrying out an initial vetting of applications to develop a short list of ten (10) applicant files to be further reviewed by the Foundation. A short list of three (3) candidates will be presented to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for final selection.
- Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
- Not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- Not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother.
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
- Be under the age of forty (40) years for men or forty-five (45) years for women with children;
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Bbusiness Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others;
- Have at least 7 (seven) years work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- Have experience in strategic planning and execution ;
- Demonstrate knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Have enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
- Have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Demonstrate ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Deadline: Deadline for submissions of applications is September, 2015, notification of successful candidate: January 2016
Click here for details and to start application.