Scholarships are available for masters and doctoral programme at Hallym University.
Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Worth of Award
Scholarship benefits are:
- Airfare: Entry to Korea: an economy class flight ticket to Korea, Return flight: an economy class flight ticket from Korea to KGSP grantee’s home country, The airfare for entry will NOT be provided to scholars who have resided in Korea from the time of applying and on, The return flight is available only for the KGSP grantees who successfully complete their degree coursework, The return flight is NOT offered for those who withdraw from the scholarship, Any fees incurred in the domestic travel within a KGSP grantee’s home country are NOT covered, International travel insurance is NOT covered, The flight tickets for the Chinese and Czech KGSP grantees will be prepared and provided by the Chinese and the Czech governments, according to the agreements with the Korean government.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW
- Research Allowance – Liberal Arts and Social Science Degrees: 210,000 KRW per semester – Science,Technologyand Engineering Degrees: 240,000 KRW per semester
- Language Training Fees: Fully covered
- Degree Tuition: Fully covered – Tuition up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED, and the amount that exceeds 5 million is covered by the host university. – The KGSP grantees are waived from the admission fees of the universities.
- Dissertation Printing Fee Reimbursement – The actual cost of printing as written on the receipt will be reimbursed. – The maximum amount is 500,000 KRW for degrees in Liberal Arts and Social Science and 800,000 KRW for degrees in Science,Technologyand Engineering.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month 13
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month – This special funding is available for KGSP grantees with levels 5 and 6 on TOPIK.
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 200,000 KRW – It is offered for the KGSP grantees who return to their home countries after completing their degree coursework under the scholarship. – It is not offered for the KGSP grantees who decide to stay in Korea after the completion of their degree coursework.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
- Applicants and their parents must hold foreign citizenship.
- Korean citizens, including those who hold dual citizenship, are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document of the renunciation of their Korean citizenship.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2017(bornafterSeptember 1, 1977).
- An applicant who qualifies all conditions below is eligible to apply as long as he or she is under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2017 (bornafterSeptember 1, 1972):
- He or she must be working as a professor at the time of applying
- International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
For applicants, It is advised to send the required documents in electronic format (PDF) to [email protected] before sending them in paper form by airmail.
Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.