Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme. This is a yearlong fellowship programme. Applicants from any area of the humanities or social sciences are encouraged to apply, provided that their studies are focused on South Asia. Examples of fields of study in the humanities and social sciences include philosophy, religion, language, literature, history, cultural studies, the visual arts, economics, linguistics, anthropology, political science, sociology, and human geography, among others.
Worth of Award
- Total stipend for one year: $40,000
- Health insurance up to $5,000 and
- round trip economy travel expenses to from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
- Scholarship can be taken in USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Fellowship supports recent PhDs in the humanities and social sciences related to South Asia.
- Research topics can cover any period of South Asian history or contemporary South Asia.
- Candidates must be able to provide evidence of successful completion of their PhD by June of the year of appointment and may not be more than five years beyond the receipt of PhD.
- Scholars who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be prioritized.
- Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the time of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. Participation includes contributing to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
- International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form.
- Fill out and upload the SAI Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a five-pagedouble spacedplan of research to the Online Application Form.
- Upload updated curriculum vitae whichlistsyour academic degrees, disciplines, dates the degrees were received, your publications, and research presentations, and previous grants and fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of reference should be emailed directly to Diana Nguyendiananguyen-at-fas.harvard.edu by the deadline.
Deadline: The Raghunathan Family Fellowship for the 2017 – 2018 Academic Year is due March 31, 2017.